Director of Events
Celebrations on the River, La Crosse’s #1 venue is looking for a Director of Events to coordinate all aspects of planning weddings/events and managing day-to-day operations. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the GM/Owner.
Director of Events Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial consultations with clients to discuss package options and budgets.
- Conduct event planning meetings with clients to meticulously plan wedding/event details, such as floor plans, timelines, vendors, transportation, food, drinks, decorations and more.
- Manage a team of event hosts, decorators, bartenders and servers.
- Manage daily operations including scheduling, purchasing, inventory and vendors.
- Develop new policies and procedures to continually improve operations and customer service.
- Create new client relationships and assist in sales and marketing opportunities.
- Manage post-event responsibilities, including review requests, event audits and financials.
Director of Events Requirements:
- Wedding/Banquet/Event management experience required.
- Experience managing a team of 20-50+ people with positive and effective leadership skills.
- Ability to work weekday evenings and every other Saturday morning.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented, methodical, and extremely organized.
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
Director of Events Compensation:
- $30-$35/Hour ($60,000 - $75,000/year)
- Potential Tips and Bonuses
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- *Health insurance is not available with this position.
- Location: La Crosse, WI
- Number of Venues: 3 (River Park, Center Court, Court Yard)
- Guest Capacity: River Park, up to 275 | Center Court, up to 400 | Court Yard, up to 325
- Services: Wedding Planning, Ceremony + Reception, In-House Catering, Full-Service Bars, Décor Rentals
- Year Opened: 2014
- Number of Annual Events: 150-200+
- Website: celebrationslacrosse.com
Celebrations on the River is an Equal Opportunity Employer