Hilltopper Refuse & Recycling Service, Inc. Onalaska, WI Full-time Construction / Physical Labor / Skilled Trades
Posted on August 30, 2021
- Class B CDL w/ Airbrakes are required for operating, HOWEVER, do not need to possess CDL to apply for the position. Hilltopper is willing to train new drivers and PAY for drivers to obtain CDL (must stay with the company for at least one year to receive the benefit).
- Operates single and/or due axle truck in a safe, efficient and courteous manner collecting, transporting, and off-loading waste and recyclables from residences, businesses, and other facilities.
- Treats customers, co-workers, supervisors, and the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Operates equipment in a manner that to prevents damage and unnecessary wear.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining efficient collection routes.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks, and ensure equipment is safe and put away securely.
- Advise maintenance workers of any need for maintenance or repairs.
- Clean trucks inside and out as scheduled and as needed.
- Follows policies and procedures including accurate record keeping.
- As directed adjust work scheduled to meet the needs of the business.
- Learns safety protocols and works in a safe manner.
- Delivers containers to customers as directed.
- Protects the organization's value by not sharing customer information inappropriately and by only passing concerns and complaints through proper channels.
- Other duties are assigned from time to time.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
- $17 - $21 starting depending on experience & if the applicant holds valid CDL prior to hiring
- Home every night
- Overtime hours/work available
- (3) different options for driving positions – residential, commercial, roll-off – Rate of pay varies between collection method
- Benefits Available – Health, SIMPLE Retirement, Dental, Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay, Others
- Monday – Friday Work Weeks w/ Occasional Saturdays