Class A CDL Driver/Lift Operator
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Class A CDL Driver Team! Position starts at $21.98/hour, with a wage increase after 60 days. Shift differential of $1.50/hr for Nightshift.
We are also offering up to a $4000 NEW HIRE BONUS!
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· 401K contributions
· Home DAILY
· Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
· Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens, and plexiglass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of trucks and forklifts for the Live Haul Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with divisional guidelines and DOT requirements.
- Reports all problems to Supervisor.
- Loads and unloads truck according to division guidelines.
- Operates Forklifts in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs equipment inspections in accordance with company guidelines and equipment operating instructions.
- Performs minor maintenance on equipment as directed.
- Tarps truck according to established guidelines during periods of inclement weather.
- Observes all company personnel, safety, quality, and food safety policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem-solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of driving and traffic rules
- Appropriate skill to drive a truck safely
- Ability to follow both written and verbal directions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and percentage calculations
- Considerable ability to work under dusty adverse conditions
- Valid Class A Drivers license and acceptable driving record according to Company Policy 622 required, (Possession of single, valid operators license with appropriate vehicle classification for operators state of residence; no incident in prior 36 months in which the driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs; no incident in prior 36 months of reckless/careless driving; no major driving violations), for Lockout/Tagout safety as well as other company safety programs and policies.
- Valid Pilgrim’s Forklift license or ability to obtain license within 30 days
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Applications will be accepted until January 31st, 2022
Submit your application to Shannon Frei, Employment Manager