Run Test Operator
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Job Classification: Run Test Operator
Run Test Operator will be responsible for implementing automated run test procedure in assigned department. Troubleshooting and rework will be required. Run Test Operator will need appropriate safety, electrical, mechanical, controls and refrigeration expertise.
- Has demonstrated ability to read connection diagrams and wiring schematics.
- Has demonstrated ability to test powered up units for unit operations.
- Able to troubleshoot test errors while performance testing chillers.
- Has demonstrated the ability to rework units.
- Willingness to go to off-site training, for example automated controls class.
- Will be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Receives work instructions from a member of management or a team lead.
- Follow standard work, complete production and maintenance records and other documentation related to operations.
- Participate in basic problem solving, 5-S, and lean activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the above duties with orientation to Trane run test facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Meet and maintain all safety requirements.
- Must have electrical or HVAC certification or related associates degree or on the job experience.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated reliability.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.